Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE)
Professor of Computer Science (by courtesy)
McCormick School of
Engineering and Applied Science
Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois.
I am affiliated with the Communications and
the Institute for Data, Econometrics, Algorithms, and Learning (IDEAL),
and the Initiative at Northwestern for Quantum Information Research and Engineering (INQUIRE).
My CV is here.
dGuo AT northwestern DOT edu
Office: Tech L393, Phone: +1-847-491-3056
Directions to my office with map is found here.
Blockchain technologies, wireless communications, information theory, communication networks, signal processing and machine learning.
To learn about research activities of my group, see our publications, or visit
- blockchain technologies;
- spectrum sharing;
- architecture and resource management in future (5G) cellular
- massive access and Internet of Things;
- machine learning.
- 2021-9: SpectrumX, of which I am an investigator, becomes the first NSF funded Spectrum Innovation Center in the U.S. NSF's news release.
- 2021-9: I am teaching ELEC_ENG/COMP_ENG 334 Blockchains and Decentralization in fall 2021.
- 2021-9: I will present "Close latency-security trade-off for the Nakamoto consensus" at the ACM Advances in Financial Technologies.
- 2020-11: I have been elevated to IEEE Fellow.
- 2020-10: My group will present "Federated edge learning in wireless networks" and "Continuous power control through deep reinforcement learning in large-scale wireless networks with mobile users" in two invited sessions at the Asilomar Conference in Nov.
- 2020-9: I am a co-organizer of the IDEAL Special Quarter on Theory of Deep Learning in fall 2020. Recordings of all invited talks are available on the website.
- 2020-5: I will present "The Nakamoto Consensus and Its Probabilistic Security Guarantee" at Northwestern's Computer Science Colloquium on May 27, 2020.
- 2020-2: My group will present a paper titled "Liveness and consistency of bitcoin and Prism blockchains: the non-lockstep synchronous case" at the 2020 IEEE International Conference on Blockchain and Cryptocurrency in May.
- 2019-9: Presented "5G Wireless: Present and Future" at the Digital Manufacturing Institute (MxD) of Chicago.
2145 Sheridan Road
Evanston, IL 60208